Eclix Media (hereinafter: Xenvii), established in The Hague at Drouwenstraat 62, processes personal data carefully, safely and reliably. We find it important that our relations, customers and suppliers have confidence in our organization. That is why our starting point is to protect your privacy as well as possible. The rules on protecting your privacy are laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation, whereby the Dutch Data Protection Authority supervises compliance with the law.
What is personal data?
Personal data are all data that can be traced back to a person. Examples include your name, address, telephone number and account number.
When do you provide personal data to Xenvii?
When you order a product from Xenvii, create an account via our website, or fill in and send a web form, you provide us with personal data. This concerns, for example, your name and address and contact details. This information is necessary to be able to process your orders with Xenvii or to answer your question. We do not use the personal data that we have received from you in the context of fulfilling orders or answering your question for other purposes.
Who is the controller for the processing of personal data?
Xenvii is the legal controller for the processing of personal data when selling products through our website. What personal data does Xenvii process? When you visit our website, make online purchases through our site, create an account via our website, or fill in and submit a web form, the following data about you will be processed:
- Name, address and place of residence;
- Telephone number and e-mail address;
- Login details of your account;
- Purchase history;
- Outstanding and/or due claims;
- IP address;
- Device data;
- Surfing and clicking data about our website;
- Location data; and
- Viewed (sub)pages on our website.
For what purposes do we use your data?
We use the aforementioned personal data for various purposes. These goals are as follows:
- Fulfilling orders placed through our website. Namely:
- order entry, shipment of orders, tracking of your order, invoicing and collection;
- Conducting contests;
- Sending newsletters about products, offers and promotions;
- Testing the creditworthiness of customers who want to pay afterwards;
- Handling returns and shortage reports;
- Answering and handling questions asked via our contact form;
- Performing statistical analyses of visiting and clicking behaviour on the website;
- Improving the operation of our website.
On what basis do we use your data?
Xenvii always asks permission for sending a newsletter. This permission is obtained by ticking the box "Newsletter permission desired by e-mail" on our website.
We also process your personal data to execute the agreement (your online purchases).
Does Xenvii share personal data with other parties?
Xenvii only shares personal data with organizations that are involved in the processing of customer orders and the delivery of the goods. These are organizations for delivering orders, conducting credit assessments, and payment providers for handling online payments. The external administrator of our website / webshop also has access to the personal data.
These suppliers are our processors, and that means that we have concluded a processing agreement.
Is personal data transferred outside the EU?
Xenvii uses Google Analytics to gain insight into visitor flows, traffic sources and page views on our website. This means that Google acts as a processor in the processing of personal data by Xenvii. That is why we have concluded a processing agreement with Google.
How do we protect personal data?
Xenvii uses various technical and organizational measures to ensure that personal data cannot be misused or otherwise end up in the hands of the wrong person. Examples of these measures are the use of encryption and the training of our employees in the field of privacy.
How long do we keep data?
Xenvii will not store the collected personal data for longer than is strictly necessary, or regulated by law, in order to achieve the purposes for which the data was collected. We keep web forms for as long as the nature or content of the form requires for the complete answering and handling thereof.
If you create an account, you become a registered customer of our webshop. This means that we draw up a customer profile, in which we record your order history. We keep your account and the data until you indicate that you want it deleted.
Which cookies are placed?
What privacy rights do you have?
Xenvii considers it important that our customers can properly exercise their rights based on the law. You can use the following rights:
- The right of access: you have the right to inspect which of your personal data we process;
- The right of correction: if the personal data we process about you is incorrect, you have the right to have it adjusted;
- The right of deletion: if we no longer need your personal data for the purpose for which we received it, you have the right to ask us to delete it. There are a number of exceptions to this, such as a legal obligation to keep certain data longer;
- The right of restriction: during the period that we are in the process of determining whether your data needs to be rectified, determining the unlawfulness of data processing, determining whether data should be deleted or you have objected to the processing, you have the right to request the restriction of processing;
- The right to data portability: at your request, we must transfer all personal data we hold about you to you or another organisation of your choice. You can only exercise this right if the data is processed on the basis of consent or agreement;
- The right to object: if we process data on the basis of legitimate interest or public interest, it is possible to object, after which a weighing of interests will follow.
If you would like additional information about exercising your privacy rights, you can contact us via email@example.com or +31 6 23989004
Submitting a complaint to the competent authority: Dutch Data Protection Authority
Xenvii finds it important to have satisfied customers. Even if we do everything we can to pursue this, it may happen that you as a customer are not satisfied. It is possible to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority if it concerns the protection of personal data.
Adjusting privacy statement
Xenvii reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. We publish changes on this website.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on 20 December 2022.